India Post GDS Result 2023
The GDS Result 2023 for Gramin Dak Sevak Postal Circle is available on the India Post GDS Recruitment portal. This online portal regularly announces the GDS results for various postal circles. If you have submitted an application for the India Post GDS and are waiting for the result, this article will provide you with relevant information. The GDS selection list for all states has been released by India Post. You can download your result by clicking on the link provided in this article.
India Post intimates the Gramin Dak Sevak Result for all postal circles primarily through the GDS engagement portal. Selected candidates receive an email and SMS notification on their registered email and mobile number. Additionally, a physical intimation is also sent to candidates upon selection.
indiapostgdsonline.gov.in GDS Result 2023
The recruitment process for Gramin Dak Sevak in each postal circle is conducted via the GDS Online Engagement Portal. A large number of candidates apply for this position through the online portal. The result of the scrutiny of applications is also announced through the GDS portal. Upon release of the Gramin Dak Sevak Result 2023, provisionally selected candidates are required to go through document verification for final selection. Selected candidates receive intimation regarding selection through SMS, email, and post.
This article provides complete information on all aspects of the GDS results. It covers the result dates, result status, the process to access the result, cut-off criteria, merit list, cut-off marks, state-wise result links, final selection criteria, and other relevant information.
Candidates who are eagerly waiting for the release of results can access them from this page. In this section, we have provided the result link and availability status for all states and postal circles for which applications have been invited this year.
Check state-wise GDS result for all the postal circles given as under-
|State Results||Result Status|
|Uttarakhand GDS Result||Available Now|
|Assam GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Odisha GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|HP GDS Merit List||Available Now|
|Punjab GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Haryana GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Chhattisgarh GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|North Eastern GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Uttar Pradesh GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Gujarat GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Delhi GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Kerala GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Delhi GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Bihar GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|West Bengal Result||Availabe Now|
|Jharkhand GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|AP GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Tamilnadu GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Telangana GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Maharashtra GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|JK GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|MP GDS Result||Availabe Now|
|Rajasthan GDS Result||Availabe Now|
India Post GDS Selection List 2023 – Overview
|Name of the recruitment process||GDS Recruitment Process 2023|
|Article Category||GDS Result|
|Conducting Authority||India Post|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Communication, Govt. of India|
|Post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Basis for selection||Merit and Document Verification|
|Mode of declaration of result||Online|
इंडिया पोस्ट जीडीएस रिजल्ट 2023 Merit List
The GDS result or merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in their class 10th exams. Once the application process is completed for a postal circle, the evaluation and result processing begin, and the status is updated on the official GDS portal for the applicants’ information.
After the scrutiny of applications is completed, the GDS Result 2023 will be made available on the official website. The initial selection of eligible candidates is based on the auto-generated merit list, as per the recruitment policy of the government for the selection of GDS. No selection test or interview is conducted for the selection process. The recruiting authority informs the selected candidates through SMS, email, and physical intimation. Candidates are not contacted via phone calls regarding the declaration of results.
India Post GDS Result 2023 Resolution of Tie
In case two or more candidates obtain the same marks in the merit list generation process, the concerned authority applies tie-breaking criteria to determine their order of merit. The criteria for resolving ties between candidates are as follows:
- Based on the candidate’s Date of Birth – The older candidate is given preference.
- If the tie still persists, a female Schedule Tribe (ST) candidate is given preference.
- If the tie still persists, a female Schedule Caste (SC) candidate is preferred.
- If the tie still persists, a female candidate from the Other Backward Class-OBC category is preferred.
- If the tie still persists, a female candidate in the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) is ranked higher.
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the female candidate from the Unreserved (UR) category is preferred.
- If the tie still persists, a male Schedule Tribe (ST) candidate is given preference.
- If the tie is still not resolved, a female Schedule Caste (SC) candidate will be preferred.
- If the tie still persists, a male candidate from the Other Backward Class (OBC) category will be preferred.
- If the tie still persists, the Economically Weaker Section (EWS)- Male will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is still not resolved, then finally, the male candidate from the Unreserved (UR) category is given preference.
How to Check India Post GDS Gramin Dak Sevak Result 2023?
To access their GDS result, candidates can follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the official GDS online engagement portal.
Step 2: Click on the “Shortlisted candidates” tab in the student’s corner.
Step 3: Select the respective state from the drop-down list of all the released state results or click on the respective result under the “Result Released” section on the homepage.
Step 4: The result PDF for the selected postal circle will automatically download on the device.
Step 5: Open the downloaded result PDF file and check the selection list for their names. Candidates may also take a printout of the result sheet if they wish to.
Information Mentioned on the GDS Result Card
The GDS result is declared as the merit list which includes the name of the selected candidates and the marks secured by them. Check the complete details which are printed on the result sheet given as under-
- Notification No.
- Recruitment Cycle
- Date of release of result
- Division of the concerned postal circle
- Head Office (HO) Name
- SO- Sub-Office name
- Branch Office (BO) name
- Category of the candidate
- Number of the post
- Registration no.
- Name of the selected candidates
- Registration no. of the candidate
- Name of the post
- No. of the candidates
- Marks percentage of selected candidates
GDS Result 2023 – Cut Off Marks
That is correct. The cut-off marks for GDS recruitment are decided by the concerned recruiting authority for each postal circle separately, and it is based on various factors such as the number of vacancies, the total number of applications received, reservation rules, and the marking criteria. The cut-off marks are fixed category-wise, and candidates who secure marks above the cut-off are shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process. It is important for candidates to check the official notification and the cut-off marks criteria before applying for the GDS recruitment to ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria.
India Post GDS Document Verification and Final Result
The list of important documents required for document verification are as follows:
- Original and photocopy of class 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- Original and photocopy of date of birth certificate.
- Original and photocopy of community certificate, if applicable.
- Original and photocopy of disability certificate, if applicable.
- Original and photocopy of certificate of educational qualification, if applicable.
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities, if applicable.
- Passport size photographs.
- Any other document required by the recruiting authority.
It is advisable for the candidates to carry both original and photocopies of the documents for document verification. Candidates should make sure that all the documents are in good condition and match the information given in the application form. Any discrepancy in the documents may lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- SSC / Class X Marks Memo
- SSC/ Class X pass certificate
- Birth certificate (if the date of birth is not printed on the SSC certificate)
- Computer Certificate
- Caste/ Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Passport-sized photographs of the candidates
- Other documents as specified to the candidates
GDS Recruitment 2023- Salary/ TRCA
Finally, appointed candidates are provided-
- Minimum TRCA for Four Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab- Rs.10000/
- Minimum TRCA for Five hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab- Rs.12000/-
For queries related to GDS results candidates should immediately contact the helpdesk no. of the concerned postal circle. The helpdesk detail of postal circles can be checked at the official Portal
GDS Merit List-FAQs
Ques. What is the process for applying to become a GDS? Ans. The process for applying to become a GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) is as follows:
- Visit the official GDS online engagement portal.
- Click on the “Registration” link and fill in the required details such as name, gender, community, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Generate a registration number and password.
- Fill in the online application form with the required details such as educational qualification, work experience, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other required documents.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable) through online mode.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for becoming a GDS? Ans. The eligibility criteria for becoming a GDS are as follows:
- Age limit: The minimum age limit for applying is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 40 years.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have passed 10th standard from a recognized board.
- Knowledge of Local Language: The candidate should have knowledge of the local language of the area where he/she is applying.
- Basic Computer Training: The candidate should have completed at least 60 days of basic computer training from a recognized institution.
Ques. What is the job profile of a GDS? Ans. The job profile of a GDS includes the following tasks:
- Sorting and delivering mail and parcels to the recipients.
- Sale of stamps and other postal products.
- Handling customer queries and complaints.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Postmaster or Senior Postmaster.
Ques. What is the salary of a GDS? Ans. The salary of a GDS varies according to the level of work and hours put in. The minimum TRCA (Time-Related Continuity Allowance) for Four Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab is Rs.10,000 and for Five Hours/Level 2 in TRCA Slab is Rs.12,000. Other benefits such as DA, PF, and other allowances are also provided to the employees.