JKBOSE readies to distribute textbooks to Govt, pvt schools
The J&K Board of School Education (JKBOSE) is preparing to distribute textbooks to both government and private schools in anticipation of the new academic session, which is expected to start in April. The goal of JKBOSE is to provide textbooks to all schools, public and private, in order to meet the needs of students.
According to Altaf Hussain, the Joint Secretary Publication division, some textbooks are already available for sale in the market, and the board is planning to provide textbooks to all government schools by the end of March. “We are well-prepared, and we will ensure that the books are provided before the new session begins. We have advised private schools to teach using JKBOSE books for grades 6 through 8, and we have printed our textbooks to meet the demand,” he said.
Dr. Sudhir Singh, Director Academics J&K Board, added that private schools are required to use JKBOSE textbooks once they become affiliated with the board.
Dr. Sudhir Singh, Director Academics J&K Board, stated in an interview with Greater Kashmir that all private schools are required to recommend JKBOSE textbooks. Private schools must use JKBOSE books once they receive affiliation from the board. When private schools submit their documents, they must assure the board that they have been recommending and prescribing all JKBOSE textbooks, and teaching them in their schools. It is mandatory for private schools to do so.
In January of this year, JKBOSE directed all private schools to prescribe textbooks published by the board for grades 6 through 8 in the current academic session. The board has warned private schools of consequences if they do not follow the guidelines.
Furthermore, the JK Board has advised parents not to purchase books that are not published by JKBOSE. These circular instructions were issued several months after the J&K government implemented the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020 and shifted the session to March to align with the national academic calendar.
Dr. Sudhir Singh added that the board sends reminders to private schools periodically to ensure that their directions are strictly followed.
Dr. Sudhir Singh also highlighted the affordability of the textbooks prescribed and published by JKBOSE. He stated that the cost of these books is fixed in a way that they are affordable for all sections of society, from the richest to the poorest. From this academic session onwards, both government and private schools will have a common curriculum to ensure that children from all economic backgrounds are taught the same textbooks.
Regarding the quality and content of JKBOSE books, Dr. Sudhir Singh assured that the books have maintained a high standard in terms of paper quality, presentation, and content. He added that the content of JKBOSE books is similar to that of NCERT books, with almost 70% of the content being the same. The remaining 30% of the content is localized by the JK Board.
Get Results & Other Updates on WhatsApp
|Whatsapp Group Link 1||JOIN WHATSAPP|
|Whatsapp Group Link 2||JOIN WHATSAPP|
|Whatsapp Group Link 3||JOIN WHATSAPP|